- Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission - http://ethics.ga.gov -
Posted By gaethics On May 9, 2012 @ 4:34 pm In | No Comments
|Education Support Specialist (60072)|
|Requisition Number: CFC-60072aa
County of Vacancy: Fulton
Functional Area: General Support Services
|Recruitment Period: 11/19/2014 – 12/3/2014
Number of Openings: 1
Screening Type: Resume Review
|Statewide job statistics for job code 60072…|
Annual Salary Minimum: $22,077.93
Annual Salary Maximum: $38,661.83
Salary Details: Commensurate with Experience
Duties & Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the CIT Manager, the Education Support Specialist reviews various applications and forms for completeness and compliance, contacts customers as needed for discrepancies, performs data entry, is responsible for the filing and record management of various forms in accordance with the rules, laws and established guidelines, can teach training classes as a back-up if necessary, and resolves inquiries from the general public and agency customers.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of division and agency activities at all times.
• Create and maintain a high performance environment centered on team work.
• Provide guidance, consultations and technical assistance to agency customers and staff.
• Performs quality assurance checks on all documents received and randomly selected data.
• Assist other staff members to achieve department and agency goals.
• Enter data into various computer databases from multiple and varied forms. Reviews each form for completeness and compliance prior to entry. Contact customer to obtain additional information when necessary and/or request revised forms. Provide explanation of various forms to customers.
• Maintain department filing systems.
• Maintain records and reference manuals for the department.
• Conducts research to produce reports, assist with design and execution of special events, project and activities as requested.
• Process lobbyist application, paperwork, answer questions and produce photo ID badges when backup assistance is needed.
• Maintain for distribution reference material, assist customers with registration function, interacts with all state government in a way that promotes respect and encourages cooperation and contributes to excellent performance.
• Copies and distributes letters, memos, reports and other documents.
• Receive and respond to inquiries from the general public, agency clients and public officials.
• Backup for receptionist when backup assistance is needed.
• Assist with training classes when backup assistance is needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training & Experience: High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience OR One year at the lower level or at an equivalent position OR Two years of college or Associate degree.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
Associate’s degree or higher
Two years work experience in a closely related position.
Accurate data entry skills
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Beginning knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Prior work experience for a state or federal government agency.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact:*
*Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the “Additional Information” section above.
To apply for this job, click here –> .
Article printed from Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission: http://ethics.ga.gov
URL to article: http://ethics.ga.gov/about-us/employment-opportunities/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.ethics.ga.gov: http://www.ethics.ga.gov/
 Image: http://careers.ga.gov/MyJobsearch/logintoapply.asp?ReqAction=AddJob&ReqNum=CFC-60072aa
Copyright © 2011 Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. All rights reserved.