CHANGES MADE BY HB142 AND HB143
ARE IN EFFECT STARTING JANUARY 1, 2014.
CHANGES MADE BY SB297 ARE IN EFFECT STARTING JANUARY 31, 2014.
|Compliance, Information and Training Support Specialist (16908)|
|Requisition Number: CFC-16908aa
County of Vacancy: Fulton
Functional Area: Education/Instruction/Testing
|Recruitment Period: 10/22/2014 – 11/5/2014
Number of Openings: 1
Screening Type: Resume Review
|Statewide job statistics for job code 16908…|
Annual Salary Minimum: $26,672.14
Annual Salary Maximum: $37,000.00
Salary Details: Commensurate with Experience
Duties & Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Compliance, Information and Training Manager, provides information and assistance to persons contacting the agency with questions regarding the Act and Rules of the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. Respond to a broad spectrum of agency customers including, but not limited to, the general public, candidates, elected officials, non-candidate committees and lobbyists. Develop the material for and teaches training classes on how to comply with the Act and Rules of the Commission.
• Receive, review and respond to inquiries from the general public, agency clients and public officials in regards to compliance with the campaign finance laws and rules.
• Researches governing policies, procedures or laws and responds to persons contacting the agency.
• Apply effective problem solving techniques and conduct thorough research of relevant materials and resources to obtain resolution.
• Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services to the general public, internal and external customers.
• Primary instructor of training classes regarding compliance the campaign finance laws and rules.
• Serves as primary contact for agency training classes. Maintain presentation/class type and attendance records of training classes and produce applicable reports.
• Develops and implements training material for classes, website and outreach programs.
• Uses independent judgment and discretion to develop, implement, and conduct training relating to campaign finance, personal financial disclosure, qualifying officers, local filing entities, vendor gift disclosures, state business transaction disclosures, and lobbying law compliance.
• Develops the layout and design of original agency printed and electronic materials such a publication covers, brochures, flyers, mailers, posters, presentation boards, certificates and cards utilized in the agency’s varied educational outreach programs.
• Ensures developed education material accurately and succinctly describes the state laws and rules and how to comply with them in succinct manner.
• Prepare reports and correspondence on educational matters as applicable.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of Campaign Finance Law and the division operations, as well as other divisions within the agency (cross train); attends seminars, conferences, job-related training and other staff development training programs.
• Additional duties as required.
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in education, human resource development, nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university OR One year of experience delivering training that included developing instructional materials and lesson plans OR Two years of experience in an identified area of assignment (nursing, computer science) Note: Some positions require licensure or certifications in the area of assignment
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in education, communication or related field. At least two years of experience in education and training. Experience in the use of computer software such as word processing, graphics or presentation software and in the use of audio-visual equipment. Previous state or federal government work experience.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.Print This Page