What can I do with excess campaign funds?

Excess campaign contributions can be disbursed in a number of ways as outlined in O.C.G.A. § 21-5-33.

Such uses include the following:
–as contributions to any charitable organization described in 26 U.S.C. 170(c)
–to any national, state, or local committee of any political party
–to any candidate (so long as you do not exceed contribution limits)
–to any persons who made such a contribution to you, so long as you do not exceed the amount contributed by such person
–for use in future campaigns (but only for that particular elected office)
–to repay any prior campaign obligations

Return to Candidate Main Page

Print This Page Print This Page
200 Piedmont Avenue, SE Suite 1402 – West Tower Atlanta, GA 30334 -- Phone: 404-463-1980 -- Fax: 404-463-1988