Penalties for Failure to File Personal Financial Disclosure
AUTOMATIC LATE FEES for Failure to File Personal Financial Disclosure:
- No grace period for late filed PFDS
- 1-14 DAYS late – a late fee of $125.00 shall be imposed for each financial disclosure statement that is filed late
- 15-44 DAYS late- a late fee of $250.00 shall be imposed on the fifteenth day after the due date for such statement if such statement has not been filed (total of $375 in late fees).
- 45 DAYS OR MORE late- A late fee of $1,000.00 shall be imposed on the forty-fifth day after the due date for such statement if the statement has not been filed. Campaign committee funds shall not be used to pay such penalty. (total of $1,375 in late fees).
Possible ADDITIONAL FEES/ FINES/ CIVIL PENALTIES for Failure to File Personal Financial Disclosure
- If additional failure to file or willful failure to file is discovered in the course of a random audit, complaint investigation or an a Commission initiated investigation, after appropriate proceedings have been held, civil penalties of $1,000.00 for each violation/ failure to comply ($10,000.00 for a second occurrence of a violation of the same provision; $25,000.00 for each third or subsequent violation of the same provision).
- The Attorney General’s Office can also pursue administrative proceedings and additional fines.
Print This Page